The Sproing Trainer is like nothing else you've ever experienced before.
The first ground-up makeover of the treadmill in 100 years.
45 minutes of intensity, strength and balance.
A Sproing workout is a 45-minute class featuring 30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) like you have never done before. Each 45-minute class is composed of a 15-minute warm up and review of the exercises followed by 60 thirty-second intervals of cardio, strength, power and balance movements — all done on the Sproing Trainer.
Exercises can be modified for your level. For example, you can do a squat holding the side rails, a squat with arms extended in front, or a power squat.
In a Sproing Sport HIIT class, all participants wear a MYZONE® heart rate monitor that measures movement in real time. See on a 55-inch monitor exactly how hard you’re working and how many calories you’ve burned. Then receive a report at home by email, detailing exactly what you did.
Your goal is to work at 85-100% of your maximum heart rate at least 50% of the time — effort levels are color-coded. You want to work in the yellow or red zone at least 50% of the time.
The treadmill redesigned for interval training.
The Sproing Trainer is the first ground-up makeover of the treadmill in 100 years. It replaces the treadmill’s dangerous moving belt with an adjustable, air-filled soft surface. It kind of feels like running on the beach.
The Sproing Trainer is designed to let you run better, faster and longer. It:
- significantly reduces the risk of injury
- provides less than 50% the impact of any treadmill and less than 75% the impact of running outdoors
- improves your running form, allowing you to fall forward naturally using gravity to land on your forefoot in order to avoid dangerous heel striking and artificial stride lengthening that occur on treadmills
- allows you to train harder, but land softer without a concern about falling
The Sproing Trainer is designed with unique elements unlike any other piece of exercise equipment. It combines cardio with strength, power and balance, all on a soft, low-impact surface. Sproing’s exclusive soft surfaces reduce impact signficantly when compared to the softest treadmill on the market: 50% less on the knees, 41% less on the back, 32% less on the ankles.
Sproing is just like riding Space Mountain at Disney World. You get strapped in. You’re nervous because you don’t know what to expect. When you get off you’re exhilarated because you did it, and you want to get right back on and do it again!”
— ROD GORDON
Registering for your first class
- View our class schedule.
- Click on the class you would like to attend to start the reservation process.
- Once you have taken your first Sproing class, you can login into your account to reserve classes in the future. Make sure to remember your login and password for future visits.
- You can register for classes up to 2 weeks in advance, so you can schedule classes beyond your current month. If your membership is cancelled or your monthly payment is declined prior to the class you have reserved, those reservations will be cancelled.
Can I do this?
- Do I have to be in great shape to do this?
- Anyone can Sproing. The Sproing Trainer allows people of every fitness level to get a great cardio and strength workout together, in one place, without injury. Running is not a requirement. You can march, jog or run. It’s your workout. You do what you can, and you are always welcome to come out of positions you cannot sustain. Our instructors are trained to assist people of all abilities. We can offer you private sessions in off peak times if you want to study the method one-on-one at your own pace.
How many times a week should I Sproing?
- We recommend three classes per week, although even one class a week will give you greater strength, energy, and muscle tone. And don’t forget, High Intensity Interval Training give you hours of calorie burn after the workout too!
Before the workout
- What should I wear?
It’s best to wear workout clothing that will let you move. Loose clothing could get in your way. The best shoes to wear are cross training or minimalist shoes that will allow you to move in all directions safely although any athletic shoe will work.
- What should I bring?
You can bring water, buy water or fill your bottle when you’re here. Please bring your own workout towel and/or shower towel if you plan to take a shower. We have men’s and women’s locker rooms and showers. If you plan to use a locker, please bring your own lock. You can also place your belongings in designated areas within the studio so you can see your belongings.
- What should I eat?
Our workouts take energy, so it’s best to have some fuel – try to eat 60 minutes before.
- There is only a 15 minute transition between classes so you want to make sure to be at Sproing Sport at least 15 minutes before your scheduled class time to check in, get your loaner heart rate monitor if you don’t have one and get settled.
- The MYZONE® physical activity belt is required in order to participate in Sproing class. MYZONE® uses a heart rate monitor to track your effort, guaranteeing accurate and personalized results that will help you make the most your workouts. Loaner belts will be available as part of any special promotional offering.
During the workout
- Prior to class put on your heart rate monitor. Enter the studio after the previous class has exited to pick your Sproing Trainer. If this is your first class, we recommend that you pick a Sproing Trainer in the first row so we can help you with any modifications or instructions.
- You can bring belongings in the studio to store in a designated area, or put them in the lockers in the men’s or women’s locker rooms. Please bring your own lock.
- Make sure to take a look at the workout board to check out the workout of the day. Any special instructions for the class will be posted there.
- If you have any injuries or require a substitute for a certain activity, this is the time to notify the instructor.
- The workout is at total of 45 minutes.
- The first 10 minutes of Sproing, you will move through a dynamic warm-up including practicing the exercises that will be used during the high intensity part.
- Then you will perform 30 minutes of high intensity intervals moving you through cardio, strength, core and balance.
- We leave the last 5 minutes of the workout for cool down.
- If for any reason the workout becomes too intense or strenuous you should slow down or stop and notify the instructor immediately if you are having a problem.
- During the class we play energizing and pumping music for fun and motivation.
After the workout
- Please wipe down your Sproing with the gym wipes.
- Grab your things and move out of the studio through the exit door.
- Return your loaner heart rate monitor (if you have one) to the front desk.
- Feel free to shower at our facility.
- You did it! Hope you had FUN! See you next time!
Class cancellation policy and waitlist
- If your plans change, we ask that you cancel your reservation at least twelve (12) hours before your scheduled class.
- Cancellations must be made online. We cannot accept cancellations via e-mail or phone.
- Cancellations made less than twelve (12) hours before class will be considered late cancels. All late cancels and no-shows will automatically be charged for that class.
- Unlimited class purchasers will automatically be charged $20 for late cancels or no shows.
- If a class is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. If a spot opens, we will email or call you to notify. If your plans change after you waitlist, please make sure to remove yourself so you do not get charged for class if you get in.